Monday, June 11, 2007

Oh, ouch.

I hate Bush. I hate him so very, very much. I have a picture of him on a dart board. When I invite my friends over to have a pretend drive-in movie theatre on our roof top (most recently we had a screening of Inconvenient Truth, it was so educational) we play a drinking game before the movie and throw darts at Bush. I hope that doesn’t offend you, but you’re dying for nothing. I don’t even like driving.

Traffic is so bad out here. The 405 was murder this afternoon.

I want you to know I support you guys completely. I’m anti-Bush, not anti-you. No I can’t hire you or support an America that supports a high school level only educated person. If you have a baby and you can’t afford it, why should I pay for you?

I’m socially conscious, but fiscally conservative, but I am so very angry that we are at war for oil.

...It’s so unfair that you get paid about ten dollars a day and the people who are part of Blackwater get paid thousands and get to go home in a few months. You’re on your second tour? Or third tour right? Wow that sucks.

Just so you know every so often we go drive out and stand on the corner with signs. People honk and cheer for us, I mean for you. I know we could probably take the bus or something, but you know we have dogs and the bus is unsafe. I know it’s probably unsafe for you too, but we went to college...


excerpted from a heartfelt letter from a downtown Los Angeles war activist, at Braless Living L.A.

2 comments:

Alon Levy said...

It's really funny... but the parts you quote severely undersell it.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think the writer managed to nail almost everything. Damn. Piece 'o work, that is.