Saturday, March 04, 2006

Somewhere on the road from agnostic to neopagan

...as reminded by taking a coupla quizzes to determine one's personal cosmology, via Bitch | Lab.

VASILISSA:
There are no such things as witches,
I have known this all my life.
If I lost my path, it's not from the wrath
Of a toothless old goodwife.
And even if I am astray
I'm sure I'll find another way
If not just now, at break of day
For these are woods I know.
I know,
I know,
For these are woods I know.

There are no such beasts as werewolves,
Normal wolves are enough to fear.
But I surmise those glowing eyes
Belong to a frightened deer.
And things that bump
And things that bite
Are mere illusions of the night
As soon as I can find some light
I'm sure these fears will go.
I know,
I know,
I know these fears will go.

There is no such thing as magic,
Of that much at least I'm sure.
I can't explain the sun and rain
But my faith in facts is pure.
The rules of men are right and real
The world is what you see and feel
Though other fancies might appeal
I know they aren't so.
I know,
I know,
I know they aren't so.

I can't grasp what's ethereal
I believe in the crown imperial,
and dialectics material.
The rules of men are right and real
The world is what I see and feel
Though other fancies might appeal
They aren't so, they aren't so,
And this is what I know, I know,
And this is what I know!

From nearby, an eerie howl

But, even so...


--from Baba Yaga, an unfinished musical in the virtual desk drawer

3 comments:

fastlad said...

Utterly beautiful: an Apollo in the Mother Forest.

And it couldn't be more timely. There's millions of poor deluded souls abroad who are frightened out of their wits by the big bad Other.

Take it out of the desk drawer, dust it off, and put it to work. It's beckoning for a reason.

yanmaneee said...

nike air max 270
moncler
adidas yeezy boost
cheap air jordans
ferragamo sale
longchamp bags
golden goose sneakers
balenciaga speed
jordan shoes
goyard wallet

Unknown said...

check that Clicking Here Full Article check my site see here webpage