Wednesday, June 21, 2006

So I think this particular horse is pretty well beaten. However:

I must remark on Black Amazon's take on the whole thing, which, as always, is a thing of sheer beauty. You're not fucking cute and I'm not amused.
...

I don't know what offends me more the bullshit pathology of sex acts, the complete divestment of responsibility while gloryfying of privileges abound, the general smug infantilism or the pseudo radical feminism or conservative pearl clutching that masks a busybody entitled cuticle gazing noblesse oblige bullshit moralizing its being wrapped up in. ALl teh while claiming universality while being perfect examples of myopia.


...

5 comments:

Dan L-K said...

I found her paragraph on "inclusiveness of the dialogue" to be pretty spot-on too.

I mean, we're talking about something I enjoy rather a lot (er, if memory serves, anyway; it's been almost ten years) and never felt anything other than a bit nervous about, never mind humiliated or degraded. But then I am, at the end of the day, a Big Dull Lumbering Male, and Teh Patriarchy has my back; and I find there's frequently a subtext of "Oh, well, whatever you disgusting males get up to on your own time is your business, as long as you're not getting any on the pristine girls."

belledame222 said...

Yeah, I was gonna copy n paste that too, and then I thought: you know, sometimes less is more if you want people to actually go over and read the thing in its entirety at the source. Maybe. A theory. Anyway more people should read her blog, she kicks ass.

Anthony Kennerson said...

Another perspective from "Lusty Lady" Rachel Kramer Bussel:

Lusty Lady: Feminist Blowjobs and Other Oxymorons

I'd excerpt it, but I'd much rather you check out Rachel's site....it kicks serious ass (though in a much different way than BA does).


Anthony

belledame222 said...

Anthony, I think the link got munged; it just refreshes this page.

Anthony Kennerson said...

OK..let's try this again:

http://lustylady.blogspot.com/2006/06/feminist-blowjobs-and-other-oxymorons.html