Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Swell.

David Neiwert on the racist backlash to Obama's presidency.

I think ultimately this'll get funneled into the immigrant-and/or-Moslem-bashing crap, which is by and large the most "mainstream" acceptable form of racism these days, although fuck knows the kind that supposedly "doesn't exist" since the civil rights movement was/is still quite rampant just under the collective surface; we see it manifested in breakouts like this. I mean, even Obama (along with McCain) supported the huge wall along the border shite.

Since it looks like it's going to be that -and- the RRR's targeting LGBT folk that's going to be primarily fueling the backlash, it'd be good if we could coalition more, I feel.

4 comments:

Aster of Wellington said...

I've enjoyed Neiwart's writings for the last couple of years. You've good taste as usual. ;)

belledame222 said...

Hi!! Long time no see...

Aster of Wellington said...

I've enjoyed Neiwart's writings for the last couple of years. You've good taste as usual. ;)

Aster of Wellington said...

I've enjoyed Neiwart's writings for the last couple of years. You've good taste as usual. ;)