Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dr. Wee Beastie I Presume

Dreamed last night that my cat was my therapist. Spoke in the same dry if reassuring tones as my actual therapist, had the same office (albeit with a bed instead of a couch, for me) and everything. At the end of the session, I started to say "see you at home" but then realized it might seem unprofessional to the other clients who were waiting, as would scritchies or a squeeze. And asking how he learned to talk, as it suddenly occurred to me to do just before I woke up, seemed just plain rude and patronizing. It'd just have to wait.

9 comments:

wellie said...

'scritchies?' what, praytell, be they?

belledame222 said...

1) place fingernails behind cat's little earses

2) scritch scritch scritch scritch scritch

belledame222 said...

SW: that's slightly terrifying. could be worse, though, i suppose. except, for your FIRST...well, still could be worse i suppose...

Anonymous said...

I keep dreaming (wishing?) the shrink is one of the cats. Sheds everywhere, coughs up hairballs, & I've gotta keep cleaning her litterbox. Cat's smarter (God as my witness) & cheap, but can't write scrips.

Trinity said...

That is adorable.

Sassywho said...

BD, I woke up in a cold sweat and disappointment... sigh, almost like the real thing.

for someone who does not pay attention to celebrities i have a lot of dreams about them, just last week I left my husband Paul Walker for Puff Daddy.

fucked up, yes I am who wants to know?

antiprincess said...

I love kittens-in-place-of-humans dreams.

because everyone loves kittens.

faustopheles said...

belledame:
I love cats. And the idea of cat as therapist is not far off from reality, either. Witness
Animal-assisted therapy
, pet therapy, therapy animals.

J. Goff said...

Hee! Though, I always imagine cats talking in a closed-throat baby voice. (I really can't explain it, but my sister can do it spot on, perfect.)