Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dr. Wee Beastie I Presume

Dreamed last night that my cat was my therapist. Spoke in the same dry if reassuring tones as my actual therapist, had the same office (albeit with a bed instead of a couch, for me) and everything. At the end of the session, I started to say "see you at home" but then realized it might seem unprofessional to the other clients who were waiting, as would scritchies or a squeeze. And asking how he learned to talk, as it suddenly occurred to me to do just before I woke up, seemed just plain rude and patronizing. It'd just have to wait.

10 comments:

Sassywho said...

lmao! that so beats the dream i had(my first sex dream too) about an unknown male using his hands to um, uh, you know... through the dream i'm trying to figure out who Mr. Mysterious Hands is but his face is not revealed to me until the end... it was Billy fucking Joel!

sorry for the overshare

assembling words to armory, she waits... said...

'scritchies?' what, praytell, be they?

belledame222 said...

1) place fingernails behind cat's little earses

2) scritch scritch scritch scritch scritch

belledame222 said...

SW: that's slightly terrifying. could be worse, though, i suppose. except, for your FIRST...well, still could be worse i suppose...

KH said...

I keep dreaming (wishing?) the shrink is one of the cats. Sheds everywhere, coughs up hairballs, & I've gotta keep cleaning her litterbox. Cat's smarter (God as my witness) & cheap, but can't write scrips.

Trinity said...

That is adorable.

Sassywho said...

BD, I woke up in a cold sweat and disappointment... sigh, almost like the real thing.

for someone who does not pay attention to celebrities i have a lot of dreams about them, just last week I left my husband Paul Walker for Puff Daddy.

fucked up, yes I am who wants to know?

antiprincess said...

I love kittens-in-place-of-humans dreams.

because everyone loves kittens.

faustopheles said...

belledame:
I love cats. And the idea of cat as therapist is not far off from reality, either. Witness
Animal-assisted therapy
, pet therapy, therapy animals.

JackGoff said...

Hee! Though, I always imagine cats talking in a closed-throat baby voice. (I really can't explain it, but my sister can do it spot on, perfect.)