Thursday, October 19, 2006

Images meme

So I was tagged by Jack to particpate in this meme. It's supposed to be "Eight Things I Find Amazing in Picture Form." I, uh, found more than eight. And I suck at decision making, and I've always been "too much is never enough," so... I guess I'll put a few of 'em here and you can pick yer favorites.

To start off, I've always been a big Bosch fan, particularly the "Garden of Earthly Delights" triptych.



The whole shebang in miniature really can't do it justice, though. Here are a few closeups:

center panel:



and various close-up details, I think all from "Earth" and "Hell" (Heaven's always the least interesting...)







...and, well, that's eight already, isn't it? Hardly seems fair, though. Well, one more here for good measure, a Breughel I find extraordinary. (I always tend to confuse Bosch and Breughel, not to say the two Breughels, Elder and Younger, with each other). The Tower of Babel:




...and, hm. So I'll go ahead and put some of the others in a separate post, then, shall I? Yes, I shall.

5 comments:

antiprincess said...

swoon.

Bosch is my secret boyfriend.

Dan L-K said...

Mmmm, Bosch.

I knew I liked you for a reason.

J. Goff said...

|((((HUGS FOR BOSCH))))|

8^D

Rootietoot said...

Christ Carrying the Cross is my fav. Bosch. The people all look so tense and grungy, and Christ looks very resigned. He's like, Norman Rockwell without the whimsy.

belledame222 said...

hey, rootietoot, i just tagged you for this one.