Thursday, October 05, 2006

Quote of the day, 10/6/06

BELIZE: (Has had enough; very fierce) Watch. Yourself.

You don't talk to me that way when I'm holding something this sharp. Or I might slip and stick it in your heart. If you have a heart.

ROY: Oh I do. Tough little muscle. Never bleeds.

BELIZE: I'll bet.

Now I've been doing drips a long time. I can slip this in so easy you'll think you were born with it. Or I can make it feel like I just hooked you up to a bag of Liquid Drano. So you be nice to me or you're going to be one sorry asshole come morning.


--Tony Kushner, "Angels in America: Perestroika"

2 comments:

Laura said...

I ♥ Angels in America!

And it is definitely a very quotable play. This is one of my personal favorites:

Harper: In my church we don't believe in homosexuals.

Prior: In my church we don't believe in Mormons.

Zan said...

Ooooh! I loves this play :) My favorite bit is toward the end, when Prior is in heaven and he's talking to the angels. "Bless me anyway." As a person with a chronic illness, that scene rings so very true to me. So, now I have to break out my DVDs and watch it again.