Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(huh huh huh "teabagging" huh huh huh)

I love Rachel Maddow. I do.



ETA: and I <3 Bint Alshamsa, too.

Oh well. -bites lip- Blessums Wepublicans. Srsly, never change. Happy Day Of Amorphous Outrage! And, uh, huh, huh, uh...*ehem*. With the...teabags...there. Yeah.

"You should only enjoy it."

ETA: ooooops, appo polly loggies. THAT'S NOT FUNNY. So wipe that smile off your face right now.

Many conservatives were angered by the segment's bathroom humor, while others merely shrugged it off as par for the course among progressive personalities like Ms. Maddow.

..."I'm not offended by it. I expect it. They have responded to popular sentiment across the country by acting like kids on a playground," said RedState's Erik Erikson, who just days ago was earnestly speculating that Levi Johnston and his sister were in an incestuous relationship.


(I know y'all care deeply, DEEPLY, about all this shit)

Anyway. Like I said. I'm so, so, sorry. Certainly the -last- thing I would ever want for this blog is to be perceived as cheap and vulgar.

9 comments:

T. R Xands said...

We had a teaparty in Kingsport TN (like 30 minutes from where I am) for PATRIEEETS ONLEH. All I could think of were big stuffed animals and key lime tea cookies.

Mmm...tea cookies.

Alon Levy said...

The compilation on 538 is that about 250,000+ people have attended all tea parties together. This compares with 300,000 who protested the Iraq War in New York alone, plus a couple million in the rest of the country.

belledame222 said...

the question is, are any of them people I know? distant relatives? probably not the latter if only because they wouldn't stand for that long. still, though...

Alon Levy said...

You never know...

Comrade PhysioProf said...

Cheap and vulgar keeps me coming back!

Nick Manley said...

I know some left-libers who were there -- none of whom has any connection to the GOP.

My organization below:

http://all-left.net/

Given the rampant looting by corporate interests, there is a lot of newly created debt to protest. The latest Wall Street bailout plan involves FDIC money:

http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney03232009.html

When the newly reinflated credit bubble bursts, then the taxpayers will take a hit on the money set aside to insure their deposits.

A lot of this is clearly partisan motivated -- a lot of Obama's bad policies are holdovers from the Bush administration. I can say I hate a lot of what taxation pays for -- not to mention mostly being the working class victim of regressive taxation. Nonetheless, I don't have any respect for Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity. They are Republican nationalists.

Nick Manley said...

And oh: I don't think I need to elaborate a long list of what the U.S. government does that's evil ( :

Drug war, sex war, corporate welfare, petty inane regimentation of various sorts, murder abroad.

If I had a choice, I'd defund the DEA tomorrow through tax revolt.

Anonymous said...

combination Take a piece of me

Adrian Lawson said...

Thank you!