Thursday, May 24, 2007

Best. Commentary. EVAR.

"there's providence in..."

from ABC:

As President Bush took a question Thursday in the White House Rose Garden about scandals involving his Attorney General, he remarked, "I've got confidence in Al Gonzales doin' the job."

Simultaneously, a sparrow flew overhead and left a splash on the President's sleeve, which Bush tried several times to wipe off.

Deputy White House Press Secretary Dana Perino promptly put the incident through the proper spin cycle, telling ABC News, "It was his lucky day...everyone knows that's a sign of good luck."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roflmao!!

J. Goff said...

Who else is thinking new addition to Lucky Charms cereal? Anyone?

Did I ruin breakfast?

Sassywho said...

Runner up, was when talking about invading Iraq he said something along the lines of "We (inappropriate pause) thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, (I counted 5 breaths), but he didn't" and then he had the long pause and that look on face of "can you believe that shit"?

Donna said...

I wish I could fly over him and give him alot of luck. Alot. I think we all feel that way about dear leader.

belledame222 said...

"as i sat 'neath the apple tree
a birdie sent his love to me
and as i wiped it from my eye
i said 'thank goodness cows can't fly'"

belledame222 said...

or

"why do birds suddenly appear
ev'ry time
you are near
?
just like me
they long to..."


oh.