Friday, May 18, 2007

"Thin brains in thirty days. BRAWWWWK!"

Body Impolitic is kicking off a new contest for Stupidest Fat Related Comment:

This week, we’ve found two.

First, we have this completely not fat-related article about San Francisco’s wild parrots and whether or not they should be fed by tourists. The reasons to limit tourist feeding are that “the parrots are harmed by relying on the handouts instead of fending for themselves, and are more susceptible to spreading and catching disease.” Even though this is hardly a topic you’d expect to lead to stupid fat comments, this gem leaps out:

[a commenter] says “… protecting them from feeding is a good idea. Obesity is a real problem in this country, and you have to start somewhere.”


yes, we’re all worried about the avian obesity epidemic.

i can see it now: the new “Polly Wanna Cracker” diet. you eat nothing but crackers and gorp, and you have to eat it out of someone else’s hand (portion control, you know). comes complete with bonus exercise tape based on standing on one leg, arm flapping and loud, throaty squawks.

7 comments:

Alon Levy said...

Good diet... as long as you also have to repeat everything your overlords say to you.

Alon Levy said...

I don't mind shitting on newspaper. If my toilet gets clogged, I'll buy an issue of the New York Post to serve my fecal needs.

Central Content Publisher said...

ok, belldame222...

Next post, if I may make a request, I would ask that you expound upon something specifically and completely from yourself. There's no need to hide. You have what it takes.

belledame222 said...

eh? Where's this coming from? What "hiding?" Dude, if you're referring to the fact that I haven't written a long screed of my own in a while, I'm sorry, but yanno: other shit intervenes with productivity, I like to keep my hand in, but I don't always have the energy for long essays.

I appreciate what I think is a compliment, but: I'll do it when I'm ready and able.

Anonymous said...

Recently in a British tabloid (very probably the Daily Mail, rag of apoplectic Tories everwhere) I read an article that compared the obesity 'crisis' to global warming - it said it posed more of a problem...

Thorne said...

I could be like my Military Macaw, Swea'Pea, screaming at that fatty basher "Shut the fuck up"!!

Rootietoot said...

I'd try it. I pretty much just repeats what's told to me anyway. It's not a real stretch.