Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Quote of the day, 11/1/06

NATE: I don't want to be late for my funeral.

NATHANIEL: You've got plenty of time. Hell, you've got nothing but time--which doesn't exist anyway...



...NATHANIEL: I just need you to answer a few questions for me...

NATE: Am I dead?

NATHANIEL: Do you believe that your consciousness affects the behavior of subatomic particles? Do you believe that particles move backward and forward in time and appear in all possible places at once? Do you believe that the universe is constantly splitting into billions of parallel universes?

NATE: What the fuck do I care?!

NATHANIEL: You only get one choice, so you may want to think about it.

NATE: Just tell me, am I dead? Yes or no?

NATHANIEL: Yes. (pause) And no. Some places you're dead. Some places you're alive. Some places you never even existed. Possibly. Theoretically. Or who knows...




--Six Feet Under, ep. 3.1, "Perfect Circles"



y feliz Día de los Muertos



the veils are thin this time of year.




"All that lives, lives forever. Only the shell, the perishable, passes away. The spirit is without end, eternal, deathless.."

--Bhavagad Gita



5 comments:

fastlad said...

There'd better be suasages or I'm not going.

Anonymous said...

I never watched that show. Maybe I should since UC has on-demand.

Fast, was the play your icon comes from any good?

Taihae said...

have you seen "I heart huckabees", belle? I think you'd enjoy it, though i generally am so critical of movies that i assume anything i enjoy is probly universal. bit of self serving bias there.

belledame222 said...

hey, MariaMaria! welcome. yes, it was a great show, really nothing else like it. AG, if you haven't seen it--yeah, you're in for a treat. (What's UC?)

dude, hadn't seen the new icon and don't know what the play is. jeezus, someone quizzed me on something which i bloody well should've known the answer to (Angels in America?!) and didn't. out of the loop, indeed...

I did see "I heart huckabees!" i liked it, altho' a lot of it faded pretty fast after viewing. still, the Isabelle Huppert French philosopher in the mud business had me damn near killing myself, along with a few other bits.

neque said...

u7h88p2p08 z0y72k9p53 s9s27q9k28 y9a85s1j46 m3r55l2q12 g8h86u6d26