Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Shame, sex, women, continued some more

And then of course there is also the wonderful fun good time that is homophobia. Which is, let's face it, one big sexual shame-fest. You want to do what? With WHO? Oh, ew, GROSS, snicker, hahaha. I mean, that's really sad, really. Did something traumatic happen to you in your tender youth? It must have. I can see just by looking at you that you're fucked up, although probably a nice person somewhere underneath it all. Here, read this and you will Understand. You're just confused is all. I used to be confused too, once...you'll grow out of it. And none of us are perfect; the important thing is to try. They say you can't change your sexuality, but they lie because they want you to have no hope; you can and should reprogram your disturbing fantasies, or at least stifle them...What do you MEAN you don't find them disturbing? What do you MEAN you don't want to change? Well, if you insist on being so weird, I don't know...You are so selfish. Selfish selfish selfish. You and your PARADES. Hey, where's my parade? At the very least: must you flaunt it all over the place like that? And when I say "it," of course I mean: the fact that you have SEX. PERVERTED sex, I mean I can handle the abstract idea of your deviance, but to SHOVE IT IN MY FACE AND DOWN MY THROAT OOH BABY uh i mean--You're an embarassment to the Movement, to your People, to your family, and, oh yeah, to yourself; I know this, because I know you better than you. I know you really hate yourself. C'mon! Hate yourself! I sure don't want to take responsibility for hating you! Or myself! You're DISGUSTING! VILE! FILTHY! SICK! RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RUINATION OF SOCIETY!!

p.s. I'm only telling you this for your own good.

***

Now. Three guesses why I might be having a bit of empathy for the sex workers here.

And bonus points for guessing why "Lesbianism is great! it's completely synonymous with abstaining from men! why, I just became a lesbian last week! sex? with other women? well strictly speaking it's not NECESSARY; now, back to our regularly scheduled conversation about the evil that MEN do" miiiight just be a teensy bit ANNOYING for some of us as well.

7 comments:

queen emily said...

"And bonus points for guessing why "Lesbianism is great! it's completely synonymous with abstaining from men! why, I just became a lesbian last week! sex? with other women? well strictly speaking it's not NECESSARY; now, back to our regularly scheduled conversation about the evil that MEN do" miiiight just be a teensy bit ANNOYING for some of us as well."

Well you see it all comes back to heterosexuality, everything we do is really a reaction to straighties. We don't have any desires of our own, just a insufficiency of het-desire you know.

'Where's my parade?'is a classic stand-by too. What, you didn't realise that every day is Straight Pride?

Alex said...

Because women, on their own, would nevereverever have lust. That's a Male Institution (tm). We are Supposed To Lust Because Men Tell Us To.

I mean, normally we'd just touch pinkies, right? (And gaze deeply and meaningfully into each others' soul--er, eyes.)

I mean, I know I never ever wanted sex with other women. I certainly never ever wrote about it when I was younger. Well before I wanted teh menz, even. But that was obviously the influence of my Lusty Male Friends.

Hmm. Is the word I'm thinking of 'appropriation'? 'cause I'd sure like to use it.

belledame222 said...

There's enough to go around!! we are all about the sharing!!!

Renegade Evolution said...

Heheehehe, I hope I at least made you smirk with that...

belledame222 said...

oh, please do. especially if you want to fisk the odious Sheila Jeffreys.

Janice Raymond's one too, right? political lesbian?

I mean, well I've said this before: I don't much feel like turning it into a "realness" thing, no. If you really are feelin' the wimminlove, however you want to express it, well, follow your bliss, you know?

But it takes some fucking nerve to just blithely chirp, "lesbianism means whatever I say it means!" RIGHT AFTER YOU FINISHED BITCHING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE USING "FEMINISM" IN WAYS YOU DISAPPROVE OF.

belledame222 said...

Well said.

And yeah, I like the term "cultural lesbianism;" and you're right, it's not about "no, you cannot enthuse about Rita Mae Brown or Jeanettte Winterson or the Sheela-Na-Gig-worshipping moon hut unless you pass the muff-diving test." It's--well, what you said.

antiprincess said...

anyone ever have the album "Lesbian Concentrate"?

there was a song - a sing-along classic - that went

Lesbian
Living in no-man's-la-a-a-and!
Lesbian
Lesbian
Any woman can be a lezzzbeean!

we totally dug this record back in the day. it was on our heavy rotation (along with Depeche Mode and other embarrassments).

but I'm not so sure life imitates art in any predictable way.