Heh. My first meme. Thanks, blackamazon! And a book meme!! Oh where to begin...:-)
So, let's see:
1. One book that changed your life? And right away with the tough ones. I never know how to answer questions like this...I'm gonna go with a book called "Do What I Say: Ms. Behavior's Guide To Gay and Lesbian Etiquette" by Meryl Cohn. Not so much because of the book itself (it's funny and well-written, probably not inherently life-changing) but because of what it represented: it was the first book that had "Gay and Lesbian" on the cover that I bought myself, in a gay bookstore, no less. (And then, I went to the gay city, to sit in gay bars and eat gay crisps...)
2. One book you have read more than once? If I like a book I pretty much always read it again and again: so, probably hundreds here. The all-time record for number of rereads might be "Of Human Bondage" by Somerset Maugham. There was one year where I just read it again and again and again. I guess in some ways you could call it life-changing, although it'd be subtle. These days I see it as not so much just a bildungsroman but the story of the struggle to find spiritual meaning in a modern, "secular" context, which has been one of my major life themes. i wouldn't have said any such thing at the time, though. the insights into human behavior I still find astonishingly canny.
3. One book you would want on a desert island? "How To Signal A Rescue Boat Or Plane From Quite A Long Way Away"
4. One book that made you laugh? "Them!" by Jon Ronson.
5. One book that made you cry? First thing that came to mind was a play, "The Baltimore Waltz" by Paula Vogel (well, I cried when I read the script). A more conventional "book" answer: "Once and Future King" by T.H. White.
6. One book you wish had been written? "Come Along With Me," the book Shirley Jackson started and never got to finish before she died.
7. One book you wish had never had been written? The entire "Left Behind" series.
8. One book you are currently reading? "2012" by Daniel Pinchbeck.
9. One book you have been meaning to read: "Time On Two Crosses" by Bayard Rustin. among many, many, many others.
10. Now tag five people
I tag...stolie, fastlad, Rey, antiprincess, and Robin.